Tuesday, October 26, 2010

 

GS Trophy South Africa!!


On Nov 11th, I am off to South Africa to compete in the BMW sponsored GS Trophy Challenge. Pat Horan of Alberta as well as Dominique Lemaire from Quebec will be joining me, and together we will make up Team Canada.






After competing in the Rocky Mountain GS Challenge here in Alberta and coming in second to Pat (shown here), I thought I would try my luck in Quebec for the final spot on the team.




I rode 3,600 km in three days, crossing the geographical centre of North America in the process.





You gotta love fall in the East.




I arrived at the Pourvoirie du Lac Beauregard ready for battle.




This time the tried and true, mighty GS1200 Adventure with 70,000km on the clock, took me to second AGAIN - after second place finisher was disqualified. In the end, it proved good enough as Marc-Andre could not make the trip.




Luc, me and Marc.
Winners of the team challenge 2010!



More GS Challenge photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bckgsphotos/sets/72157624878825029/show/



Here is the GS Trophy Kit that BMW sent to every participant.




Rally 3 suit - check out the Africa 2010 logo on the arm

Brian - Team Canada


Neck brace system


Sleeping bag and pad - very comfy

MSR Hubba two man tent

Along with a few shirts, a hoodie and a cap - very impressive - thanx BMW Motorrad!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?